New York Red Bulls vs. New England Revolution
Eastern Conference Final - First Leg
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Red Bull Arena
1:30 PM ET – NBC
Presented by HackensackUMC
**Sunday’s match is sold out. As a result, we strongly advise arriving at Red Bull Arena early due to the expected traffic in the area. The BULLevard and Red Bulls' Lounge will be open at 10:30am (weather permitting). All fans in attendance will receive a rally towel, presented by HackensackUMC, upon entry into the Arena so make sure to grab yours at the gate!**
Match Day Forecast: 52 Degrees and Mostly Sunny – Winds SW at 10 MPH
About the Red Bulls
- Advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time since 2008 after defeating D.C. United by a score of 3-2 on aggregate
- MLS Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips, along with midfielder Peguy Luyindula accounted for all of the scoring in the series; each registered a goal
- Henry has assisted on 4 of the 5 goals scored thus far in the playoffs
- Will be without defender Roy Miller for the Conference Finals for both yellow card accumulation and picking up a red card in the second leg of the Semi-finals
- Head Coach Mike Petke is undefeated in 4 career matches against New England (2-0-2)
- Were the only side in the Eastern Conference that did not lose to New England during the regular season (2-0-0)
- 13-5-5 since a June 8 victory at New England; their first road victory against the Revolution since 2002
- Advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time since 2007 after defeating the Columbus Crew by a 7-3 aggregate score
- Set an MLS record for goals scored in a two-game aggregate series
- Forward Charlie Davies and midfielder Lee Nguyen led in scoring with 2 goals each; 3 others chipped in with a goal each
- Head Coach Jay Heaps has just 1 win in 7 matchups against New York in his career (1-3-3)
- Have not won at New York since 2007, including a mark of 0-5-1 at Red Bull Arena
- Possess a slight advantage of 26-22-15 in 63 meetings since MLS play began in 1996; along with a narrow margin in goals scored between the sides (106-105)
- Have advanced each time they have faced off against New York in the postseason (2003, 2005, 2007)
Injury Report, brought to you by Hospital for Special Surgery
Please CLICK HERE to get the most up–to-date report!
2014 Matchups (2-0-0)
June 8: New England Revolution 0 New York Red Bulls 2 - Gillette Stadium
(NY – Alexander – 17’, NY – Luyindula – 76’)
August 2: New York Red Bulls 2 New England Revolution 1 - Red Bull Arena
(NE – Davies – 20’, NY – McCarty – 47’, NY – Wright-Phillips – 63’)
For information on service changes to the PATH stations at World Trade Center and Exchange Place, CLICK HERE .
Open from 3 hours before kickoff until 30 minutes before kick, visit The BULLevard in front of Red Bull Arena for fun activities for fans of all ages. Try to prove that you're as fast as the players at Race the Red Bulls, watch the Street Team perform freestyle tricks, show off your 3v3 skills, or get your picture taken to share with friends and family. The BULLevard is located on Riverbend Drive directly in front of Red Bull Arena. Please note that The BULLevard is subject to closure due to inclement weather.
Red Bulls' Lounge
Red Bull Arena Assistance
To send a question, comment or concern: text your message to 424 7-TXTRBA (424-789-8722). For any other inquiries, feel free to visit Guest Services located inside of Gate B on the plaza level.
AT&T Man of the Match Voting!
Make sure to vote for AT&T Man of the Match and you will automatically be entered to win a prize! Voting begins between the 75th and 80th minute of each match. AT&T is the exclusive wireless partner of the New York Red Bulls. For the official rules, please visit: http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/attmanofthematch
NYRB Pics to Screen, presented by Prudential is back and ready for your photos!
The New York Red Bulls Pics to Screen is back an we're excited to see your Red Bulls spirit on the video boards!! Put on your Red Bulls gear and show us your best game face at the match to be entered to win a prize at the end of the match!! Tweet @newyorkredbulls using the hashtags #dowhatyoulove #contest or email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your photo. The contest will start in the Bullevard, 3 hours prior to kickoff through the 46th minute of each match. For official contest rules & prizes, please visit www.newyorkredbulls.com/prudential
Previous Match Recap
CLICK HERE for a full recap and highlights from the Red Bulls’ clinching result against D.C. United on November 8.
Keep up with the Red Bulls
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkredbulls
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @newyorkredbulls #RunWithUs